Potable Water Use Rules
- Aesthetic fountains and other water features are prohibited.
- Residential car washing is prohibited.
- Charity car washes are prohibited.
- Commercial car wash operations are allowed.
- Cars for sale or lease may not be routinely washed; they
may be washed immediately prior to sale or lease.
- Pressure washing conducted by commercial businesses is
allowed for certain purposes which include:
o cleaning to eliminate a safety hazard,
o preparation for painting or similar activity,
o maintaining a paint or material warranty, and
o as needed to meet federal, state or local health
and safety standards.
- Restaurants and public dining facilities shall serve water
to customers only upon customer request.
- Government facilities, common areas in malls, lobbies of
multi-tenant office buildings, and similar public spaces
using cooling towers or other water-based cooling must keep
the temperature at or above 78 degrees Fahrenheit. There are
exemptions for health and safety, such as hospital
- Wasteful and unnecessary water use is prohibited.
- Use of an automatic shutoff device is required when
- Watering-in of lawn chemicals is allowed within District
- Cleaning and maintenance of an irrigation system is
limited to once a month. An attendant must be present.
- Boat washing and motor flushing is allowed after usage.
Wasteful and unnecessary water use is prohibited.
Reclaimed Water Restrictions
No water available
between the hours of
10:00 A.M. AND 4:00 P.M.
No reclaimed water permitted on Monday.
If your house number ends in an even number, water on
Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
If your house number ends in an odd number, water on
Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday.
For more information on reclaimed water call:
Pinellas County Utilities 464-4000