Pinellas County, Florida
GUIDELINES FOR THE CITY OF SOUTH PASADENA’S
$1000 SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
1. Proof of residency for a minimum of two (2) years. (utility bills, rent receipts, residential lease or real property tax bills are acceptable).
2. A copy of the prior year Federal Income Tax Return for applicant and any other person(s) who claimed applicant as a dependent on a Federal Income Tax Return.
3. Have been accepted at an accredited college, university, trade or technical school. A letter of acceptance or other proof of enrollment in an eligible school for a term beginning between July 1st and December 31st of the current year. In addition, a statement from the school indicating the yearly cost of the school.
4. Educational transcript from the last school applicant attended.
5. Applicant shall not have been convicted of a crime or suspended or expelled from school within the past five years.
6. Statement of career goals and potential future benefit to the community.
7. Social security numbers must be blocked out on any required forms.
No applicant shall receive the scholarship more than once. Applicants who did not receive a scholarship may reapply in subsequent years.
All forms and documents must be submitted no later than 4:00 p.m. on May 31, 2013. Upon review of all applicants, the City Commission, by majority vote, will grant the amount of $1,000 to the student selected. Presentation will be made at a Regular Commission Meeting.
City of South Pasadena, FL